Dr. Kristin Baier is double board-certified in Obesity Medicine and Family Medicine. She recently relocated to San Diego to serve patients through a nontraditional healthcare model with an emphasis on metabolic health. She specializes in weight loss management and associated co-morbidities through lifestyle and nutrition. Find out more about Dr. Baier in the the video, podcasts and articles below. She can be followed on Twitter and Instagram @doctoringketo
Dr. Baier shared her story. “For many years, I battled debilitating daily migraines along with frequent painful flares from auto-immune disease. My daily medication regimen could rival someone five decades older. I had tried everything from a vegan diet to Paleo without much improvement in symptoms. Then I discovered the ketogenic diet and benefits of nutritional ketosis and within months my migraines regressed and constant joint pains resolved. I eventually tapered off of six medications and reclaimed my health. Now I strive to bring the same nutritional options to my patients when appropriate. “
Articles by Kristin Baier
Articles in Keto Science section
- Cardiovascular Disease: The Role of Inflammation and Oxidized LDL Keto Science. Written October 7, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
- A Ketogenic Approach to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Keto Science. Wellness. Written June 6, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
- Will Keto Help My Migraines? Keto Science. Wellness. Written May 9, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
Podcasts featuring Dr. Kristin Baier
- Episode 109, Dr. Kristin Baier, MD. Low Carb MD Podcast. May 27, 2020.
- Episode 49, Dr. Kristin Baier,MD. LowCarbUSA Podcast, May 26, 2020.
- Interview Kristin Baier, MD. Simply Health of Maine hosts Emily Liscord, MD and Peter Spiegel M. Ed. June 4, 2019.
- “An MD finally gets answers with Keto.” Inside Out Health with Coach Tara Garrison. August 12, 2019.
- “Kristin Baier on all things Keto and Medicine!” Keto Savage, January 10, 2020
- Dr. Kristin Baier solves Lupus and Migraines with Ketogenic Diet, Takes it to her Patients: Episode 49. Low Carb USA Podcast with Doug Reynolds and Pam Devine. May, 2020.
- Opening a Direct Primary Care Clinic – Brian Lenzkes, MD, & Kristin Baier, MD