Kristin Baier is a board certified Family Medicine doctor who will soon be relocating to San Diego. She and Brian Lenzkes will open a Direct Primary Care and Metabolic Health practice in mid 2020. Find out more in the video, articles, and podcasts below.
You can follow Dr. Baier on Instagram at doctoringketo . She introduces herself below.
👋🏻 I’m a board certified family medicine physician, currently preparing for a second board certification in obesity medicine (yes, obesity is now its own subspecialty)! •••Kristin Baier, MD
I’m passionate about helping patients realize there are health benefits of a Ketogenic diet that extend far beyond weight loss.
I was battling near daily migraines along with lupus flares before I stumbled upon Keto. To say it was life changing is an understatement.
Medications before and after keto
My pre Keto medications:Kristin Baier, MD
~ Migraines: Topiramate 100mg twice a day, 32 Botox injections in my head and neck every 3 months, Sumatriptan and Zofran almost daily, and Excedrin at least 5 days a week.
~ Lupus: Plaquenil 200mg twice a day, Celebrex and Prednisone for flares almost every other month.
Plus I needed Nexium for all the damage those meds were doing to my stomach.
Since being on Keto:
~ Migraines: excedrin if needed (very rare)
~ Lupus: Celebrex if needed for a flare (only 1 in the past 12 months) 😃.
No more daily prescriptions or injections!
••• I use diet and lifestyle to control my autoimmune disease and it has nearly eradicated my headaches which i never thought possible.
••• Now I’m dedicated to helping patients realize there is alternative to medications and to gain a better understanding of food as a form of medicine and prevention! Healthcare in this country is severely lacking in nutritional training and the dietary guidelines are shamefully outdated and misleading. Keto might not be appropriate or necessary for everyone, but for some it’s a game changer. And regardless, i strongly advocate for no sugar, no grains and no industrialized vegetable oils for overall health. •••Kristin Baier, MD
How has Keto changed your life?
Articles by Dr. Baier
Articles in Keto Science section
- Cardiovascular Disease: The Role of Inflammation and Oxidized LDL Keto Science. Written October 7, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
- A Ketogenic Approach to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Keto Science. Wellness. Written June 6, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
- Will Keto Help My Migraines? Keto Science. Wellness. Written May 9, 2019. Retrieved Feburary 18, 2020.
Podcasts featuring Dr. Kristin Baier
- Interview Kristin Baier, MD. Simply Health of Maine hosts Emily Liscord, MD and Peter Spiegel M. Ed. June 4, 2019.
- “An MD finally gets answers with Keto.” Inside Out Health with Coach Tara Garrison. August 12, 2019.
Videos featuring Dr. Kristin Baier
Opening a Direct Primary Care Clinic – Brian Lenzkes, MD, & Kristin Baier, MD (Video also embedded above)